Not Just Law

2L CU Law Student...law, sports, life, love...whatever!

Name:
Location: Boulder, Colorado

"Your guilty conscience may move you to vote Democratic, but deep down you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king." -Sideshow Bob, the Simpsons. "Spiritous beverages are hereby prohibited in Springfield under penalty of catapult."

Monday, October 03, 2005

On-Going Commentary

Instead of posting this on CUbLAWg, I'm going to try something different. Since I have no idea of what to think about Harriet Miers yet, I'll be posting periodic updates the changes in my perceptions as we go...

Starting off, I think she is a strong lawyer from all indications...First female head of the influential Texas Bar, President of one of the largest firms in Texas and the President when the two firms merged. Powerful insider in the White House. And a real life trial lawyer who knows what is going on in the actual courtroom. So far so good.

Over the next couple of days I'll post about my lack of concern for her judicial experience or lack of opinions or papers.

[UPDATE] This New York Times article makes me feel better. Other then the ominous comments from Dr. James Dobson, I feel great that social conservatives are upset at this pick. Also, I don't agree with this article, because I perceive this as President Bush lacking the confidence in the Republicans in the Senate to stare down a filibuster, more than the President lacking the desire for a fight. Either way, it led to a seemingly more moderate pick, something I can be happy about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home