Why do we feel we have to OWN movies?
I saw Star Wars, Episode III, the other night...a movie I've been waiting for since I was four and saw the first Star Wars on TV (or VCR? The detail is hazy, the movie is not). But, after waiting for years, and watching the hype grow on-line, I have become tired of this desire that Lucas OWES us, or that these films belong only to those 35 year olds who watched the original in the theater... These films have grown into something bigger then they should be...and I'm guilty as anyone. I took a class in highschool mostly because we were studying them for half the semester. I wrote a mytholgy paper as an undergrad on the six films and hero journey of Anakin. But, nonetheless, Lucas only owes himself (self finacing is great!), not anyone else. If he wants to tweak all the films and re-release them in 1,000 formats, let him. I don't care. I love the films, will always love them, and will enjoy the modern myths they have created. Buffslaw, grow up!! You hate the film, so what, why bash those who like it?
And as to the film...it is hard to create suspense and surprises when the entire plot of the film has been known since the 80's.
If you don't like it, don't buy a ticket, don't buy the merchandise. Obviously people have loved this film as it is at $500 Million world wide and 1 Billion in Merchandising.
Sorry, this is random and horribly written, but it is out there anyway.
And as to the film...it is hard to create suspense and surprises when the entire plot of the film has been known since the 80's.
If you don't like it, don't buy a ticket, don't buy the merchandise. Obviously people have loved this film as it is at $500 Million world wide and 1 Billion in Merchandising.
Sorry, this is random and horribly written, but it is out there anyway.

1 Comments:
hey there. just found your blog tonight. just saying hi :)
Post a Comment
<< Home