Welcome, One and All
I don't know if anyone will care about what I write, or even see this blog, but I wanted a place to simply put my thoughts, ruminations and random words to good use. So welcome, one and all, and enjoy...
So, the NCAA tournament, the greatest sporting event in the world, is complete...but all of my brackets are gone; so sad. The best thing about this year's tournament is that a coach who graduates players, does not put up with a me-first attitude (although McCant's excessive jersey popping may be an exception), and runs of the greatest offense in basketball (the secondary break is difficult to run consistently, but is devastating when you do) got a chance to finally win...Way to go Roy Williams.
But, did anyone else watching get sick of the CBS treatment of the final game??? Locusts are coming, I know that now, and I learned that it is important to delay any interview with Roy Williams or Sean May with at least three separate commercial breaks(filled with the silly chatter of the broadcasters and studio hosts), and then go to another commercial break without interviewing the very intertaining McCants, who was standing next to Billy Packer ready to go...Wow, I guess that several billion dollar deal for the NCAA's is pushing the CBS Sports budget a little. Four commercial breaks in less then ten minutes, thank god for TiVo.
And I also feel vindicated that for the entire season, I knew Illinois could not win the whole thing. A fast, aggressive backcourt was able to disrupt their passing, and Illinois was, first, a team that could not defend the interior nor pentrate on offense, and, second, was a team that shot way too many threes. I'm glad they lost...
As to lawschool...after all of the concern, handwringing, freakouts and such surrounding the Appellate Brief, why is their a lack of a simialr reaction to the oral arguments now??? Hmmm...Maybe we are just sick of the entire legal writing class? Let me know what you think.
So, the NCAA tournament, the greatest sporting event in the world, is complete...but all of my brackets are gone; so sad. The best thing about this year's tournament is that a coach who graduates players, does not put up with a me-first attitude (although McCant's excessive jersey popping may be an exception), and runs of the greatest offense in basketball (the secondary break is difficult to run consistently, but is devastating when you do) got a chance to finally win...Way to go Roy Williams.
But, did anyone else watching get sick of the CBS treatment of the final game??? Locusts are coming, I know that now, and I learned that it is important to delay any interview with Roy Williams or Sean May with at least three separate commercial breaks(filled with the silly chatter of the broadcasters and studio hosts), and then go to another commercial break without interviewing the very intertaining McCants, who was standing next to Billy Packer ready to go...Wow, I guess that several billion dollar deal for the NCAA's is pushing the CBS Sports budget a little. Four commercial breaks in less then ten minutes, thank god for TiVo.
And I also feel vindicated that for the entire season, I knew Illinois could not win the whole thing. A fast, aggressive backcourt was able to disrupt their passing, and Illinois was, first, a team that could not defend the interior nor pentrate on offense, and, second, was a team that shot way too many threes. I'm glad they lost...
As to lawschool...after all of the concern, handwringing, freakouts and such surrounding the Appellate Brief, why is their a lack of a simialr reaction to the oral arguments now??? Hmmm...Maybe we are just sick of the entire legal writing class? Let me know what you think.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home